Diesel Locomotive Mechanic
List of Mechanic Duties
- Receives instructions regarding work to be done.
- Determines materials and required tools.
- Inspects, maintains, and repairs locomotives, road maintenance equipment, air compressors, and facility mechanical systems.
Communicates written and/or verbal findings of inspections to the Supervisor.
- Performs disassembly, repair, replacement, rebuild, re-assembly, installation, adjustment, alignment, and lubrication activities on mechanical equipment.
- Performs inspection utilizing meters, analyzes trouble areas, and makes repairs as required.
- Performs necessary electrical tests, removes, disassembles, replaces, repairs, modifies, rebuilds, assembles, adjusts, and maintains batteries and all electrical equipment or components on locomotives, road maintenance equipment, lighting circuits, crane circuits, air compressors, building and shop facilities, and equipment.
- Performs welding and burning.
- Operate a forklift.
- Motive Power Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
List of Mechanic Qualifications
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
- Trade school or formal railroad locomotive or diesel mechanical maintenance training is required.
- A minimum of 2.5 years of locomotive mechanical or locomotive electrical or industrial heavy equipment mechanical experience is preferred.
- The ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and on-call is required.
- The ability to work outdoors in inclement work conditions is required.
- Performing manual labor and lifting in excess of 50 pounds is required.
- A minimum of one year of outdoor/industrial work experience is preferred.
Job type: Full-time